Show Side Menu

Comments, Suggestions & Complaints

We constantly strive to give you the best possible care and attention. We recognise, however, that occasionally things do not go as smoothly as we would like. We welcome comments and suggestions and provide forms in the waiting room for your use. If there is a matter which you would like to discuss confidentially with the practice manager or a member of our Patient Participation Group. Please ask for details at reception.

Should you have any reason to complain, please make this in writing to the practice manager who will make contact with you and undertake any investigations necessary. A copy of the procedure is available at reception.

Click here to download our Complaints Form. Please return the completed form to the practice.

Sources of advice/support re complaints:

  • Dorset Advocacy - Help with NHS Complaints is a free and independent service that listens, offers support and representation to people who are unhappy about their experience with the NHS.  You may already have started a complaint, or you may just be wondering what to do next; we may be able to help you.  Call us on 0300 343 7000, email on or use the contact form on our website  to speak to one of our trained Independent Complaints Information Officers, who can tell you about the options for taking your complaint forward.  If you decide that you want to make a formal complaint, they can help you to set it out clearly and effectively. For more complex complaints we provide Independent Complaints Advocates who offer face to face support.  They may attend complaints hearings with you, helping you to prepare and put forward your case.
  • Dorset Advocacy also provides the Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) service for Dorset, Poole and Bournemouth. By law people who are unable to make decisions about serious issues and have no one to speak up for them must be referred to the IMCA service. Enquiries can be made from staff, relatives or friends by calling the hotline 0845 3891762 – however a formal referral must be made by health or social care staff before work can begin.
  • NHS England. The NHS is made up of numerous different organisations. NHS England is the organisation responsible for Commissioning or purchasing primary care services (such as GPs, dentists, opticians, pharmacies etc.) on behalf of the population. You can make your complaint directly to them if you prefer. Contact details:
  • Phone: 0300 311 2233 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm excluding English Bank Holidays). They will take a note of your complaint and arrange for it to be passed to the complaints manager.
  • Email; with “For the attention of the complaints manager” in the subject line.
  • Write to: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
  • Website:
  • Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – The Ombudsman will normally only take on a complaint after you have first tried to resolve the issue with the surgery and have received a response from them. The Ombudsman believes the surgery should be given a chance to respond to your complaint and, where appropriate, try to put things right before they get involved. Contact details:
  •  Phone: 0345 015 4033 or textphone 0300 061 4298. Helpline is open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. To request a call back text “call back” with your name and mobile phone number to 07624 813005
  • Email:
  • Fax: 0300 061 4000
  • Write to: The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP
  • Website:
  • The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent health and adult social care regulator. Their job is to make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care. They do that by monitoring, inspecting and regulating services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and they publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care. The CQC doesn't manage individual complaints about GPs and their services but you can still let them know your about your experiences should you wish to do so. Contact details:
  • Phone: 03000 616161
  • Email:
  • Online form at
  • Action Against Medical Accidents – the UK charity for patient safety and justice. They provide free and confidential advice and support to people affected by medical accidents and can refer to a panel of specialist clinical negligence solicitors or other sources of support where appropriate.
  • Phone: 0845 123 2352 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm)
  • Website:
  • Healthwatch Dorset - Healthwatch is the independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public.  The aim of Healthwatch is to give citizens and communities a stronger voice to influence and challenge how health and social care services are provided within their locality. Although they can’t deal with individual complaints they can use your experience of the care you have received to help make services better in the future. Contact details:
  • Phone: 0300 111 0102 (calls cost the same as 01 or 02 numbers)
  • Email:
  • Write: FREEPOST RTJR-RHUJ-XBLH, Healthwatch Dorset, 896 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH7 6DL
  • Use our online “Speak Out” form at
  • You can also find us at Citizens Advice Bureau offices across Dorset, Poole and Bournemouth.
Save time and nominate your local pharmacy. Your Neighbourhood Professionals The Grove Pharmacy K M W Therapy
© Neighbourhood Direct Ltd 2017
Christchurch Medical Centre, 1 Purewell Cross Road, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 3AF
  • Telephone 01202 481901
Practice Website supplied by Oldroyd Publishing Group
Save time and nominate your local pharmacy.
Your Neighbourhood Professionals The Grove Pharmacy K M W Therapy
Back to top